The Reading Ape has the scoop and excellent analysis.
My quick thoughts:
1. I was hoping for Matterhorn too. I haven’t read it, but I would have looked forward to that. Now I have to read Room instead.
2. The judges look pretty good this year. I am betting that, in their contract, they were not allowed to go with the old, timeworn, “judge a book by its cover” bit. Balls please.
3. I still have 14 books to go. Uh oh.
4. I hope Kapitoil is really, really good. Very few of the others have me excited.
5. I guess I will find out whether I side with John Self and Kevin from Canada or those who actually liked A Visit From The Goon Squad.
6. I will be running a pool with a giveaway this year. The rules will be similar to last year’s (very long form version here), but I will write all about that as we get closer to the brackets.